Friday, January 13, 2012

Preparing to Leave

We are preparing to leave tomorrow and I have mixed emotions.  I am super excited about going to the beach (you know this girl loves a beach), but I am sad to leave the kids.  I KNOW they are in great hands and I am not worried at all about them…I am worried about ME!  I am going to miss them!  I told E I am just looking forward to resting…and I am…I really need it, but I know about day 4 I will be ready to see them again.

When I was young we went to Florida every year.  I would always ask my Mom if she was excited and she would always tell me she’d be excited when we left.  I never truly understood that until now.  As a mother, there are so many responsibilities and you are too busy taking care of all of them to even get excited.  So, the excitement is setting in and Mom I get it!

I also haven't forgotten how I traumatized Sawyer when AKG and I had our little beach getaway.  I pray that this time will be different, but I’m not counting on it!  That boy loves his Mommy!  I know I will come back rested and rejuvenated and ready to be an even better Mommy.

Yesterday afternoon E called and asked me to go to Jonesboro with him to pick up a few things he needed for the trip.  Okay, this never happens!!!  So, I agreed and we made a quick trip.  This was E’s first time in Turtle Creek Mall.  We have been together for 12 years and I have only known E to go to the mall once in all of those years.

So, I think we are ready.  We are packed and my parents are on their way.  Our plane leaves at 7am so we will be leaving the Ridge by 4am.  I am so grateful that our parents are so willing to help us.  Thanks so much!!!

No comments: