Sunday, January 22, 2012

Back from our Beautiful Vacation!

We are home!!!  We had THE BEST time!  I can not say enough about how wonderful it was.  We knew for a long time that we were going to take a trip with Bill and Linz, but I will honestly say the Bahamas was not my first choice.  Bill wanted to go there and it made sense because it wasn’t that long of a flight.  I had gone on a cruise to the Bahamas and wasn’t that impressed.  I called an old friend who travels a lot and asked him about a couple of other places.  He gave me lots of pros and cons to different locations and then I asked what he suggested.  He then suggested the Bahamas…I was shocked. 

We knew we wanted to go to a Sandals Resort.  E and I got married at the Negril, Jamaica Sandals and Bill and Linz went to the Sandals in Antigua for their honeymoon.  They are all inclusive and you can’t hardly go wrong.  We all agreed we liked the Bahamas as much as the others, if not more! 

We used Lindsay’s camera to take pictures so…no pressure Linz…but…can’t wait to get them:)

Here are just a couple I took with my iPhone.

sign

This is what my friend Tammie the Librarian had on the dry erase board outside of the library at school last Friday.

packing

Trying to pack!

airport1

At the airport bright and early!!!

boysbh

girlsbh

airport2

Sad to be leaving paradise!

I was really afraid that I would be miserable about day 4 or 5 missing my kiddos.  Don’t get me wrong I did miss them, but it was such a much needed getaway!!!  I didn’t realize how exhausted I really was and it was so nice to just relax!  The first night we were there I slept 12 hours!  Saturday morning we headed back and I was so excited to get home to see them.

I can’t thank our parents enough for keeping them for us.  We are so blessed and we appreciate them so much!!!  We knew they were in great hands and we didn’t have a thing to worry about.

No comments: