Monday, March 14, 2011

A Perfect Day!

IMG_8164

This Saturday was the most perfect day!  The weather couldn’t have been better and we took full advantage.  We were in Sheridan visiting my parents so we headed to Little Rock to spend the day.  There is a nice park right beside the Zoo so we spent a little time snacking (what’s better than a Chick-Fil-A picnic) and playing and then headed to the Zoo.IMG_8165

IMG_8158

IMG_8156 IMG_8167

IMG_8169 IMG_8184

Baxley is running through bubbles and picking flowers.IMG_8172

IMG_8176

BB teaching the babies to blow bubbles.IMG_8186

IMG_8183

My brother Robert and his son Gavin joined us for the day.IMG_8187 IMG_8188

I guess everyone had the same idea we did because there was a big crowd.  I love the zoo, we visit the Memphis Zoo more than the LR Zoo, but I grew up going to the LR Zoo so it was nice to go back.  My Nana met us there and we made it a family event.              IMG_8189

IMG_8190

IMG_8191

Sam loved the elephants.IMG_8201

IMG_8204

IMG_8205

Riding the trainIMG_8207

IMG_8217

This was one of our last stops.  There were so many people gathered around this exhibit.   You can see them in the bottom picture.  One of the monkeys had a baby and the other monkeys were chasing them and they were all making a lot of noise.  I grabbed Sam to pick him up so he could see them and he dropped his sippy cup over the edge.  One of the monkeys ran right over to it, picked it up, unscrewed the lid, and drank it.  Of course Sam was upset he lost his cup.  Smart monkey!IMG_8219

IMG_8211

Wiped out!

This was such a wonderful day and I loved every second of it!  I love spending the day with my kids!

No comments: