Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Twin Mom Bond

I believe there is an unspoken bond between moms with twins.  I can tell my mom friends how hard it is, and they can imagine, but they don’t really know.  People tell me all the time, “I know my kids are close in age too,” or “I know I have three kids too” and well yes it is all hard, but it is not the same.  Other moms of twins know just how hard it is.  I had a hard time when I found out I was expecting twins because the two moms of twins I would have turned too for advice had passed away.  Lately, mostly through facebook, I have kept up with a friend from college who has had twins and a friend of Audra’s from college who is expecting twins. I think she told me before she told anyone else because she had to know if she could do it.  I asked myself that question a million times…work, toddler, and two babies???  I was very honest with her and told her YES, you can do it, but it will be hard.

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my babies and feel so special that God chose me to be apart of this special club.  I would do it all over again a million times.  I also know that many have it even harder!  I look back at those early years with Emmaline and Elizabeth and wonder how in the world Bryan, Nonna, and the rest of us did it without Kelley. I think about Annette who has taken them all into her heart and is raising six kids under eight years old and always with a smile and positive attitude.  I admire her so much!!!

Any way you look at it, being a mother is the hardest yet most rewarding experience in the world!

The real reason for this post is to ask for prayers.  Recently, I noticed an acquaintance from college (friend on facebook)was expecting twins. I followed along with her pregnancy…the bond thing…and was shocked to find out she delivered the babies this weekend at 26 weeks.  The boys weighed 1 pound 10 ounces and 1 pound 15 ounces.  They were immediately taken to another hospital…I can’t even imagine!  One of the boys is not doing well and they are asking for prayers.  I just cried when I read it…the bond thing again.  They didn’t even have names picked out yet, and just today named them.  Please keep this family in your prayers!  I can’t stop thinking about them.

1 comment:

The Howard Bunch said...

Thank you for sharing this. I will definitely keep the family in my prayers. I am soo thankful I have already made it to 32 weeks with my twins, but I know how easy it is for us twin mamas to go into pre-term labor. I know a family friend who had a baby at 26 weeks and he is just perfectly healthy; so I'm praying that this family will experience the same success.