Thursday, April 14, 2011

3 Years Old

IMG_8411

I can’t believe Sam is three years old.  He makes me so proud every day.  This is such a fun stage because he can communicate so well and he says the funniest things. He is very social and loves to be around other people.  He has so many great little buddies and loves to play.

If he doesn’t end up being a farmer, a politician may be in his future.  He is so much like his daddy.  He talks to everyone and even knows people in the grocery store that I don’t know.  He puts on a show every time we go to the doctor. I think everyone at the Children’s Clinic knows him. 

IMG_8406

He weighs 31 pounds and is a very busy little boy!  He is still in love with tractors and farming.  He has really enjoyed having his daddy home, I am dreading how much he is going to miss him as farm season approaches. 

His favorite things to watch right now are: The Toy Story Series, How to Train a Dragon, Super Why, Scooby-Doo, and anything on Nick Jr.

My absolute favorite thing about Sam right now is how good he is with the babies.  He is very loving with them and is always looking out for them.  He lets me know if they are doing something they aren’t supposed to or he will let them know.  He keeps them from putting small things in their mouths and doing things that could hurt them.   He takes up for them telling people, “hey be nice to my brother/sister”.  I hope he always wants to protect them.

IMG_8405

Sam’s quote that I am in love with lately is, “It’s okay momma, it’s okay.”  I am a Type A personality and with THREE young children, well let’s just say I lose my patience occasionally.  I love it when Sam comes up to me when I am getting upset and just pats me and tells me it’s going to be okay.  I immediately calm down and remember what matters, and I assure you whatever I was upset about…doesn’t matter!

Other Sam quotes (I just wish you could hear him say them):

  • That’s a great idea
  • That’s not very nice
  • This is serious
  • My favorite color green
  • My favorite letter S
  • Two minutes, which is how he puts me off
  • That’s dangerous and a new one, that’s disgusting
  • Last time ago
  • Is it summer time yet?

Sam also talks about Jesus a lot, which I love!  The other day E was throwing him up in the air and Sam said, “Daddy don’t throw me up I might go too high and get lost to Jesus.”  LOVE IT!

I love spending time with him!  

No comments: