Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Passing of the Dresses

I have been waiting for MONTHS to announce that my BFF Audra is preggers!!!!  I am SO EXCITED!  I will never forget meeting her at the track in Sheridan to go for a run.  She got out of her car and was holding her phone, she said, let me show you something…I stopped…and said…you’re pregnant!  I just knew!!!! She and Scott were calling it “spud” and I quickly told her they should call it’ “spudette” because it was a girl.  I never knew what I was having, but AUDRA KAY GILLIS HINES, I knew she was having a girl!

akg 003

When I was pregnant with the twins, Audra’s mom (who I respected SO MUCH) gave me a few dresses that her dear college friend had made for Audra when she was a baby.  I couldn’t BELEIVE that she would share such precious treasures with me.  It meant more to me than she ever knew.  And I am so excited to now return them to Audra for her little “spudette”.

I am going to hang on to this one for a bit.  We are from Sheridan, home of the Yellow Jackets. And now I teach at Wynne, home of the Yellow Jackets.  Special dress!

sum 12 008 sum 12 007

No comments: