I can not believe that a year has past. I think back about the day the doctor told me that there would be two. I felt so overwhelmed and I could not get out of the doctor’s office fast enough to call E. Because of our nieces I thought I knew what was ahead of me, but I really had no idea! This has been the best, yet hardest year of my life! I feel so many days like I am just getting things done, laundry, feedings, baths, etc. But, then there are days when I have time to watch them interact and watch them become more independent and watch them figure out things on their own, and those are the days I love. I want more and more of those days.
This day last year there was a winter storm and the roads were covered in ice, so many had a hard time coming to see the babies. I carried them way longer than anyone had expected and I was so ready for them to arrive. I had spent 6 weeks on bed rest at my parents and had begged the doctor every Monday to take them. I still can’t believe I had twins and that God has given me these two blessings. This year their birthday was perfect…a beautiful day!
So what are you up to?
- Anytime any of us are eating anything, you both come beg for a bite.
- You both say momma, da-da, and bye-bye.
- You go to bed around 7:30 and sleep until 7:00.
- You still take two naps a day.
- You have started using a sippy cup and it is going pretty well.
- I love watching you stand at the end of your cribs and talk to each other and occasionally catch you holding hands.
- You fight over toys and follow me everywhere.
- You both have two bottom teeth.
- You have both been pretty sick this winter. You both have tubes in your ears.
- You both love to play pe-pie (spelling?).
- You are both done eating baby food except for the occasional fruit.
Baxley: My petite princess
- You have turned into a mommy’s girl lately, even though you do love it when your daddy holds you.
- You wave and clap and can find your ears.
- You are standing and just this week have started walking. You love to dance, do back flips, and head stands.
- You are the best sleeper!!!
Sawyer: My bulldog
- You go after whatever you want and attack it. You whack all of us in the face.
- At the same time, you are so lovable and still my cuddle buddy. You still like to get in bed with me every now and then.
- You love to follow Sam all over this house.
- You have started walking and crawl so fast!
- You are a great eater and will eat pretty much anything we give you.
You have grown into little people:) People ask me every day, “How do you do it?” I just say…you just do. It is crazy around here with 3 kids under 2 years old, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love you all so much, you are my whole world!