Friday, February 4, 2011

One Year

IMG_7471 

I can not believe that a year has past.  I think back about the day the doctor told me that there would be two.  I felt so overwhelmed and I could not get out of the doctor’s office fast enough to call E.  Because of our nieces I thought I knew what was ahead of me, but I really had no idea!  This has been the best, yet hardest year of my life!  I feel so many days like I am just getting things done, laundry, feedings, baths, etc.  But, then there are days when I have time to watch them interact and watch them become more independent and watch them figure out things on their own, and those are the days I love.  I want more and more of those days.

This day last year there was a winter storm and the roads were covered in ice, so many had a hard time coming to see the babies.   I carried them way longer than anyone had expected and I was so ready for them to arrive.  I had spent 6 weeks on bed rest at my parents and had begged the doctor every Monday to take them.  I still can’t believe I had twins and that God has given me these two blessings.  This year their birthday was perfect…a beautiful day!

_MG_4351
IMG_4519 IMG_5218
IMG_5597 IMG_5789
IMG_6317 IMG_6559
IMG_7315 IMG_7471

So what are you up to?

  • Anytime any of us are eating anything, you both come beg for a bite.
  • You both say momma, da-da, and bye-bye. 
  • You go to bed around 7:30 and sleep until 7:00.
  • You still take two naps a day.
  • You have started using a sippy cup and it is going pretty well.
  • I love watching you stand at the end of your cribs and talk to each other and occasionally catch you holding hands.
  • You fight over toys and follow me everywhere.
  • You both have two bottom teeth.
  • You have both been pretty sick this winter.  You both have tubes in your ears.
  • You both love to play pe-pie (spelling?).
  • You are both done eating baby food except for the occasional fruit.

Baxley: My petite princess

  • You have turned into a mommy’s girl lately, even though you do love it when your daddy holds you.
  • You wave and clap and can find your ears.
  • You are standing and just this week have started walking. You love to dance, do back flips, and head stands.
  • You are the best sleeper!!!

Sawyer: My bulldog

  • You go after whatever you want and attack it.  You whack all of us in the face.
  • At the same time, you are so lovable and still my cuddle buddy.  You still like to get in bed with me every now and then.
  • You love to follow Sam all over this house.
  • You have started walking and crawl so fast!
  • You are a great eater and will eat pretty much anything we give you.

You have grown into little people:)  People ask me every day, “How do you do it?”  I just say…you just do.  It is crazy around here with 3 kids under 2 years old, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.  I love you all so much, you are my whole world!

1 comment:

amber leann said...

So sweet, it does seem like yesterday that you were announcing TWINS!! They are beautiful babies, you are blessed as you know!