Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's a Boy and a Girl!!!

We went to the doctor yesterday for a check-up. I am 17 weeks and Dr. B did an ultra sound to check on the babies. Both of our parents and baby Sam went, but this time we made them wait in the waiting room. We started out asking a lot of questions about flu shots, high risk doctors, hospitals, bed rest, and so on. Dr. B told us at 27 weeks I would probably look full term and would really have to start cutting back on my activities. He said we will just take it a visit at a time, but the more rest I get the better off I will be. He started the ultra sound by checking out twin A as he calls it. He did a lot of measuring and then told us that it was a BOY. I told him to keep looking because there had to be a girl in there somewhere. He then moved on to twin B, again with the measurements and then telling us he thinks this one is a GIRL. I was so excited! He said they were both measuring at 17 weeks so that is great and they were very active. It looked like baby boy was elbowing baby girl in the head, they are already fighting:). E asked lots of questions and Dr. B spent a lot of time with us. We go back in 4 weeks so hopefully everything will continue to go well. I have so much to do!

7 comments:

Christina Staggs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina Staggs said...

Congrats, guys! I'm glad you'll be getting a girl on your side, you'll need it with all those boys!! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

Tammy said...

Oh yay!!! They are going to be so cute!!! Can't wait!!

Shea said...

I'm so glad you're getting one of each! Praying that all continues to go well!

amber leann said...

YAY! That is sooooo exciting! So glad you are getting a girl too! Oh how I would love to hear It's a Girl!!!

AA said...

Congratulations! I am so excited to hear you will be adding a girl to your family of boys! Best wishes.

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

Oh yeah...I get to start sewing!!!! and making bows for you!