Sunday, March 21, 2010

I survived


Well I survived my first week back to work. Mrs. Donna stayed with the babies Monday-Wednesday and Grammy B stayed with them Thursday and Friday. We are so lucky to have family with them this week. Next week is spring break and I am so glad to have some time to rest. This week has been exhausting.

We are trying to stretch the babies as long as we can at night. They are making it most nights to 4:00 or 5:00. I get in the shower at 6:00 and then leave by 7:15. I used to be one of those people who needed 8 hours of sleep. I have learned to function on 6, but if they are interrupted hours I struggle.
People ask me about my typical afternoon. By the time I leave school, pick up Sam, and run maybe one errand it is 5:00 when I get home.
5-6: wash pump parts and bottles, start laundry (which there is so much of), then maybe start some kind of dinner...ha
6: pump, feed babies, feed Sam, clean up after Sam, give Sam his bath
7:15- Sam winds down, we read
7:30- Sam goes to bed, I eat, do housework, wash pump parts and bottles again, get everything packed for the next day and night feeding
9- pump and feed again
10:30: hopefully be headed to bed
Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, I feel so lucky to have 3 beautiful, healthy babies it is just a lot of work. The week after spring break our new babysitter is starting. I hope it all works out. E is getting back in the field so I will definitely need some help. We don't have much planned this week so maybe I will have time to post some pictures.

2 comments:

Shea said...

So what if you do complain sometimes?!?! I get worn down with 1. I can't fathom managing 3 little ones at once!!!

amber leann said...

I am amazed and think you are doing a wonderful job! Man it was hard for me to pump all year with one child, I can't even imagine what you are doing! They are precious and growing oh so fast!