Tuesday, March 2, 2010

1 Month

I can't believe my babies are already a month old. They were born January 29th and since there isn't a 29th day in February we celebrated a day early. We took them to see Dr. S for their check-up and they are doing good. Baxley weighs 7 lbs. 9 oz. and Sawyer weighs 8 lbs. 4 oz. so they are gaining well. Sawyer had 4 short apnea alarms so we are going to keep the caffeine another month. If he doesn't have any alarms this month we will stop the caffeine and then try to get off the heart monitor. They have been choking when eating sometimes so Dr. S wants us to take them to Little Rock for a swallow study. If they are aspirating we will have to thicken their milk, if they aren't then we will know that is not it. It may be they are just eating too fast.

The babies don't look anything alike and they already have distinctive personalities. Baxley is very laid back and so sweet. She has Sam's big eyes and is just precious when she looks at you. She doesn't fuss much and is a little petite thing like her momma. Sawyer is the screamer...he makes the funniest faces and reminds us so much of Sam. He has the longest limbs and big hands and feet. I bet he will be big like his daddy. Sam is still doing so well with them and is the best big brother. Every time Sawyer cries he wants to put his pacy in. He has always called them brother and sissy, then yesterday Sawyer was crying and he said, "stop Sawyer" he doesn't like for them to cry. They are eating 3.5 ounces every 3 hours during the day and we stretch them at night. We are getting up once and then again at 6:00.

I really thought that I would have plenty of time to do things being at home, boy was I wrong. I can't seem to get many things accomplished. It seems every time I turn around it is time to eat again!!! I go back to work in 2 weeks and I can not imagine how I am going to do it all.

Last week was a hard week, my friend Audra's mother passed away. It is so hard to watch one of your friends go through something so heartbreaking. I packed up all 3 kids and we headed to Sheridan. I was a little nervous, but they all made the trip well. It may end up being the easiest trip I make with them. Audra bought the babies the outfits they have on in the picture and I put Baxley's bow on with double sided tape...ha...a trick Audra's mom taught us. Please remember her family in your prayers.

E has now decided we can have visitors (one's that are not sick, or been around anyone who is sick, and wash their hands...lol). I will post some visitor pics soon.

2 comments:

amber leann said...

WOW! How can they be a month old already??? Good luck returning to work. Still praying for those sweet babies!

Shea said...

1 month already?! They are so precious. I can't wait to meet them!